During the holidays, we had a lot of fun making these waffles with our Penguin Waffle Iron. They are really easy to make and very adaptable. Here is the recipe:
- 2 cups cake flour (OR gluten-free mix OR half/half potato starch and rice flour for allergy-friendly OR Almond flour mix for banting version)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar (OR sugar replacement if you are going sugar-free)
- 2 eggs (or 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds mixed with 2 tablespoons water and left to gel for allergy-friendly)
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs (or add Chia Seeds).
- Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Pour the batter into a preheated waffle iron.
- Cook the waffles until golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
#TIP: For Chocolate Waffles, add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (and extra milk if necessary). Once cooked top with chocolate sauce/honey, ice-cream and flake. Yum!