This is our own family recipe which we created because I love chocolate, and bran muffins are a great morning treat. These even taste nice with butter and cheese (if that is your usual bran muffin preference).
As with any muffin recipe, you will need to grease your muffin tray and add your paper/muffin cups. You can also preheat the oven to 200°C (about 390° F)
TIP: If you have run out of cups, use baking paper or cover your greased tray with some flour to ensure they pop out easily.
- 2 Cups of Bran
- 1 3/4 Cups Cake Flour
- 6 Tbls Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Treacle Sugar
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbs Honey
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter (keep this separate until the end)
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together (excluding the Melted Butter).
- Mix the wet into the dry ingredients.
- Add the Melted Butter and mix well.
- Spoon into Muffin Tray and cook for 20min at 200°C
Tip: Once the muffins are done in the oven, take them out and let them cool in the tray for 4 – 8 mins (5 minutes is usually fine) before taking them out (especially if you didn’t use cups). They will be less likely to break and lift out nicely. Don’t leave them too long either as they will start to “sweat”.
Have you tried our recipe? Tell us in the comments below!