Ok, so I know I am on a recipe roll but this is the most divine recipe! I not sure where I got it from but I only tried it this year, so here goes…
- 600g deboned chicken thighs (cubed)
- 1 tbs oil
- 100g butter
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 175ml plain yoghurt
- 75ml water
- 50g tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbs garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 6 cardamom pods
- 6 black peppercorns
- 6 dried curry leaves
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 125 ml cream
- 250 ml coriander leaves (roughly chopped)
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a medium pot, brown the chicken pieces in portions and set aside.
- Add the onions and saute until soft and golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine the yoghurt, water, tomato paste and sugar with all the spices.
- Add chicken to this mixture and coat well.
- Whisk cream and corn flour together.
- Add the chicken mixture to the onions, together with the cream and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped coriander and season to taste.
- Serve with basmati rice and a green salad.