Wheat-free, Egg-free Treacle Sugar Biscuits (Cookies)
So far, I think this is the best biscuit recipe we have put together…this was obvious by the fact that the biscuits didn’t last very long. I did save some, though, to see how they tasted the next day. Sometimes wheat & egg-free baking results in dry left-overs but I was pleasantly surprised at how great they still tasted the next day.
If you do try this recipe, let me know what you think in the comments below.
I do think these would be fantastic with little surprises in them, perhaps fruit or yoghurt drops. Will have to try that next time but in the mean time, enjoy!
- 125g salted butter, softened
- 1 cup treacle sugar, packed
- 1 egg replacement (I used chia seeds this time. 2 teaspoons soaked in 2 tablespoons of water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups wheat-free/gluten-free flour (you can either mix your own flours or use a pre-mixed flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C°.
- Add butter to mixing bowl.
- Add treacle sugar and egg replacement (if using chia seeds do not remove excess water) to butter and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and baking powder.
- Add flour slowly to the butter mixture.
- Add cinnamon.
- Lightly dust a surface with flour.
- Roll out biscuit dough.
- Cut out biscuit dough using favorite cutters.
- Grease baking sheets.
- Place cut out biscuit dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are done.
#Tip: When you don’t use wheat or egg, the biscuits are a little less golden when done. Take them out anyway and allow them to cool.