Upcycling: Crisp Can Pencil / Pen Holder
It is holiday time again and whether you are you having a vacation or a staycation it is always great to have a few ideas to keep kids (and adults) busy.
This upcycling idea is great fun and also helps to organise all those pens, pencils and crayons that often have no home.
What you will need:
- Empty Chip Cylindrical can (you know which one I am talking about 😉 )
- Wrapping Paper
- Paint Brush
- Modge Podge (a milky white liquid that dries transparent in less than 10 minutes, used as a finish for decoupage – you can buy it from craft stores)
- Eat all the Crisps from can!
- Select your Wrapping Paper.
- ‘Paint’ the can with Modge Podge and fit on Wrapping paper.
- Paint another layer of Modge Podge on top of the Wrapping paper and leave to dry.
- Once almost dry, paint another layer of Modge Podge gently in the opposite direction.
- Repeat 4 & 5 once or twice until you have your desired effect and leave to dry overnight.
Do you have any creative holiday ideas? Tell us in the comments below.