So, we decided to go with a Butterfly Princess Crown but you can go for a prince crown and decorate it with whatever you find more “princely”.
What you will need:
- White cardboard (you can use paper but the cardboard is less likely to break)
- Colouring pencils or crayons
- Decorations – eg. sequins, glitter, fuzzy balls, leaves, flowers, etc.
- A pair of scissors
- Butterfly templates (you can either make your own or go to http://www.firstpalette.com/tool_box/printables/butterflies.html. They have cute butterfly templates which you can download and print)
- Spend time with your child relaxing and colouring in Butterflies (or choose another printable).
- Decorate the Butterflies with your preferred decorations.
- Cut out the Butterflies
- Cut a long strip of cardboard that will fit around your head (or staple two shorter pieces together).
- Colour in the strip (headband).
- Glue the decorated Butterflies to the headband but don’t glue their wings down.
- Enjoy some princess treats together wearing your new crowns!
Have you tried this craft? Tell us in the comments below.