Winter Left-Overs Comfort Food Recipe 4: Coconut Milk Butternut Soup
We had a can of Coconut Milk at the back of the cupboard. I love Coconut milk, there is so much you can do with it but we decided to make some warm Butternut soup on a cold autumn day.
- 3 Medium-sized Butternut
- 1 Onion
- Vegetable Stock (if dry, mixed with 2.5l water or add water to make up same volume)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- Gluten-free Curry Powder
- Herbal Salt
- Peel and cut up butternut & onion.
- Fry onion in base of Soup pot for a minute and add Butternut.
- Add mixed stock and wait for it to boil.
- Once it bubbles, lower heat.
- Cook until butternut is soft.
- Take off heat and purée butternut and other ingredients.
- Add coconut milk and stir.
- Add curry powder and grind in some pepper & herbal salt.
- Return to low heat and serve after 15 minutes.