Winter Left-Overs Comfort Food Recipe 3: Ostrich Mince Meatballs
This was my daughter’s suggestion and it turned out great! We had some Ostrich mince and some flour we wanted to finish and ta da! Ostrich mince meatballs. They were fantastic! Also a great way to empty those almost-empty spice bottles.
When it comes to fruits and vegetables, I often leave the skin on or use the skin in some way as that is often where the good stuff is! You may choose what you prefer in each case. In this recipe I chose to grate apple without removing the skin.
- 1 Apple
- Preferred Spices / Dried Gluten-free Vegetable Stock
- ¼ Cup Flour/Rye Flour/Rice Flour/Mixed
- 500g Ostrich mince
- 30ml Butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- Grate apple and mix in spices and flour.
- Add mince and mix well.
- Roll into balls and fry in pan at medium heat with melted butter and oil.
- Serve with your preferred sides, eg. rice & vegetables or mix in with spaghetti.