Are you exhausted? Yeah! Let’s face it – it’s been a long week. Thankfully we have a few holidays around the corner…but until then…here are few ideas to keep you going:
- Don’t stop moving. Don’t! If you haven’t had enough sleep, you will be lacking energy (which also will make you want to snack on unhealthy things). Instead of just ‘getting through the day’, get active – play a sport with your kids, go for a bike ride or just get up and dance! BUT whatever you do, do not lie down! Just in case you need some inspiration – watch this:
- Keep Hydrated! Dehydration leads to fatigue and can, again, increase your appetite for unhealthy foods. It can also lead to headaches and migraines – so pour yourself some H20!
- Breathe in and Breathe out…deeply! When you breathe slowly and consciously, your body reacts in many positive ways. Shallow breathing prevents the body from getting enough oxygen. Many people fail to breathe deeply when they feel tense, which is one reason you may feel exhausted at the end of a stress-filled day.
- Go Low-GI & Nutrient-packed when snacking. Eat food that releases energy over a prolonged period of time like a banana. When you get hungry between meals, eat healthy snacks (instead of junk food) or foods that contain protein.
- Go cold! Pour cold water over your wrists or any other pulse point. This gets your blood circulating.
- Don’t procrastinate! Putting off tasks will deplete you of time, energy and motivation. Get your work done and then have fun BUT at the same time, learn to say NO when necessary…this goes back to being emotionally honest with yourself and others. Let’s get real!
- Get rid of emotional baggage. If something is bothering you and you can do something – do something. If not, cry over it and move on (even if crying takes a few days). Let’s get your emotional metabolism in tip-top shape!