Here is a quick idea list of activities you can plan to do with your family in South Africa:
- Catch a train to Simon’s Town or Kalk Bay. There are so many different things to do once you climb off including visiting the little shops & restaurants, going to the beach, seeing the penguins, visiting museums and more! www.capepointroute.co.za/seeit-kalkbay.php
- Visit the Waterfront and go to the aquarium, shopping or jump on a sightseeing bus. http://www.waterfront.co.za/
- Go to Kirstenbosch for a Summer Concert or a picnic. www.sanbi.org/gardens/kirstenbosch
- Go for a hike in the Table Mountain Nature Reserve. http://www.sanparks.co.za/parks/table_mountain/
- Take a bike ride on the Durban beachfront.
- Play with animals at the Animal Flag Farm at Sheffield Beach. www.flaganimalfarm.co.za
- Enjoy the water slides at the Ushaka Aquarium and Water World. www.ushakamarineworld.co.za
- Visit Bayworld in Port Elizabeth. www.bayworld.co.za
- Picnic at the Addo Elephant Park! www.sanparks.org.za/parks/addo
- Feed the birds at Monte Casino Bird Gardens. www.montecasino.co.za/entertainment/family/Bird%20Gardens/Pages/default.aspx
What are your favourite South African Family Activities? Share them with us below!