Homemade Christmas Gifts #6 – Permanent Pen Mug
This is a great idea for getting the kids involved in creating a little bit of love for Christmas!
Permanent Pen Mug
What you will need
- Inexpensive White Mug
- Thin-tip Permanent markers
- And of course, an Oven!
- Map out your design on paper.
- Draw the design on your mug using your permanent markers.
- Bake in oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- If you wash the mug in the dishwasher, over time, the design will start to come off. These mugs are best hand-washed.
- Sharpie Permanent Markers work best and last longest. I found them at CNA.
- When you bake the mugs the design does lighten a bit so make sure that, if you use a colour marker, you use enough (make it thick/heavy enough).