I love this idea (as with all the other homemade gift ideas) but the great thing about it is you can either purchase a new tray as I did or you can upcycle an existing tray that you have!
Chalkboard Tray (Serving)
What you will need
- Chalkboard Paint
- Old or New Tray (you can use a metal or wood tray, I would suggest sanding down a wood tray first before applying the paint)
- Paint Brush
- Turpentine (to clean your brushes with and to neaten up mistakes)
- Biscuits (cookies) & Snacks / A Cup with Marshmallows & Hot Chocolate
- Lay down the newspaper to protect your working surface.
- Put your prepared tray on top.
- Open paint and mix.
- Paint a few layers of Chalkboard Paint with a little bit of drying time in between.
- Allow to dry (you are looking at about 2 days drying time).
- Write a message with Chalk.
- Add snacks and Chalk to tray.
- Decorate with ribbon and you are done!
Tip: Instead of using an old tray, why not repurpose an old kitchen cabinet door!