This is a great basic recipe for those with wheat, egg or soya allergies. This recipe can be used for a simple cake or cupcakes.
- 2 cups of mixed gluten-free flours or ready made gluten-free flour (such as glutagon)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
- ½ cup oil
- 1 ½ cups water
- Sieve all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased cupcake liners/cake pan
- Bake at 180 Celsius for about 45 minutes to an hour for a single pan cake and 30 minutes for cupcakes. (Oven temperature and time will vary from oven to oven so check your cakes periodically, cakes are cooked when the tops spring back after gently touching them.)
- Top with icing and decorate as desired.