Do you have a lonely banana going a bit brown in the bowl? Use it to make yourself a fantastic, quick treat cooked conveniently in a mug in the microwave!
As always, with most “cakes in mugs”, you are better off using a larger mug, combining the ingredients in another bowl or jug and pouring it into the mug.
- 3 tablespoons flour (cake or gluten-free depending on your requirements)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (or an egg replacement like “No Egg” if you have an egg allergy)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- In a bowl/large mug combine flour, sugars, salt, baking powder & egg and mix until just combined. Mix in vanilla, oil, milk and mashed banana.
- Pop in microwave for 2 minutes (this may vary microwave to microwave and depending on how you like your banana bread).
Tip: Keep batches of the dry ingredients pre-mixed in plastic bags and add the wet ingredients when its time to bake.