Try this healthy, low-fat substitute for nuts when a craving strikes! Chickpeas are a helpful source of zinc, folate (Folic acid) and protein. Recent studies have also shown that they can assist in lowering of cholesterol in the bloodstream.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin Olive Oil (or Avocado Oil)
- 4 tsp of spices of your choice (can be a mixture of salt, pepper, mixed herbs, paprika, etc.)
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 230 °C.
- Blot chickpeas dry and toss in a bowl with oil and spices.
- Spread on a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, “stirring” once or twice, until browned and crunchy (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Cool for 15 minutes.