A Tiny Home Office
Do you have a home office? Does the rest of the house spill into it? Do you even spend any time in your home office anymore? Sometimes, especially if your home office is just a zone in your house and not a room, this is what happens. Children’s toys, sewing projects, art supplies and everything else you don’t have a place for take over and you lose the functionality of your home office. STOP!
If you work from home, you owe it to yourself to set up a proper office space. Even if you don’t work from home, you can make your life much easier. Paying bills easily, keeping in contact and keeping your goals on track will be some of the benefits you will reap from keeping a neat organised space.
Here are some tips for setting up and maintaining your own home office space:
- Save money where you can, but spend as much as you can afford on a decent chair, your back will thank you for it.
- You can’t have too much storage space. A cluttered workplace is just depressing. Your best bet for having a clear desk and tidy working space is to have a place for everything.
- Add some greenery. It’s been proven that plants in the workplace can reduce stress levels and increase productivity.
- Get rid of what you no longer need. Be ruthless about eliminating items, especially paper, when it is no longer needed. Buy a good shredder and use it regularly.
- End each day with a clean desk. Imagine walking into your office each morning with everything in order! Work in your office, then at the end of the day, clean off your desk and prepare for tomorrow. This will make it easier to begin your day with a clear head.
Follow the Tiny Home Office Pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/denisevdm/a-tiny-home-office/