We live nearer to the seaside than farther (sounds like something Pooh bear would say) and I love the idea of a Seaside Bathroom. However, sometimes, it is not executed very well. Here are some ideas:
- Don’t make the bathroom walls the colour of the sea (unless you are going bold and know what you are doing!), rather do soft pastel colours with pops of colour and silver/gold/texture.
- Accessories – Use natural items for décor, such as shells, driftwood, etc. I would go for minimal accessories and concentrate more on colour/texture.
- For texture – wicker, bamboo, grass and rattan are also great.
- Don’t be afraid to mix the old with the new.
- Flooring – Go for something light which compliments your bathroom. White tiles or white treated wooden flooring look great and will definitely compliment the suggested wall colours.
Follow the Seaside Bathroom Pinterest Board here: http://pinterest.com/denisevdm/seaside-bathroom