If you would like to find out more about Chicken Pox, you can read the facts here: http://familytreasures.co.za/2010/09/chickenpox-birthdays. This article, however, is on natural comfort for those suffering from Chicken Pox.
- Bathing in a bath with added ground oats or Bicarbonate of Soda (also known as Baking Soda) helps with the itchiness that comes with all the little spots and blisters that appear.
- Give kids a small paintbrush and Calamine lotion. They can paint their spots for relief (and a little bit of fun).
- Keep your/your child’s body cool for at least the first 48 to 72 hours. The cooler you can keep your child’s skin, the less discomfort he/she will have.
- Children with Chickenpox should get a daily shower and shampoo to keep the sores clean and help prevent infection,
- Trim your child’s fingernails as soon as Chickenpox strikes and keep them trimmed short. Scratching with sharp nails can lead to a bacterial infection in the sores, and that can lead to permanent scarring.
- I have not tried this one, let me know if it works for you! I do know that honey has some wonderful natural qualities that will assist in healing and prevention of infection – Spread honey on the body of an individual infected with Chickenpox. Honey is believed to help with the itching and is said to cure the chickenpox within about three days.