In just 5 minutes, you could be enjoying Chocolate Cake in a Mug!
I heard about this recipe from a few different people but this is the first time I actually tried it. I thought, it probably doesn’t taste very nice or the texture is too dry or uneven.
Here is the recipe:
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 3 tbsp. oil
- A small splash of vanilla extract
- 1 large mug
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!
- Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Surprisingly, it tastes pretty good. I never added the chocolate chips but I think that would have made the texture just right (nothing a little melted Rolo Chocolate on top could not fix!). If you are craving Chocolate Cake this is the ideal recipe!