UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2019
This is one my family’s favourite recipes. It always turns out great and is perfect for breakfast or a quick snack. The picture shows our Apple and Cinnamon Sugar version (kindly decorated by my dear daughter), we also like to add Honey and my daughter enjoys grated carrot on top. So, really, there is no limit to the fun you can have with these. Oh and some of you may prefer to call these as crumpets, we call them flapjacks.
- 500ml Wheat-free flour mix (you may need to use more if you use a fine flour like Glutagon)
- 5ml Salt
- Egg Replacement Powder (for 2 eggs) or 2 Teaspoons Psyllium Husks
- 60ml Sugar
- 750ml Milk (depending on the flour mix, this may need to be adjusted. I recommend starting with 2 Cups/500ml and then adding until you get the right consistency)
- 30ml Oil
- Combine all ingredients.
- Whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Put spoonfuls of the batter into a greased/non-stick pre-heated pan/flat grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the surface starts bubbling.
- Turn over and cook for a further 15-20 seconds until golden brown.
- Serve warm with the topping of your choice.
(Makes about 40)
As always, these are also Egg-free and Soya-free. Enjoy!