This is one my family’s favourite recipes. It always turns out great and is perfect for breakfast or a quick snack. The picture shows our Apple and Cinnamon Sugar version (kindly decorated by my dear daughter), we also like to add Honey and my daughter enjoys grated carrot on top. So, really, there is no limit to the fun you can have with these. Oh and some of you may prefer to call these as crumpets, we call them flapjacks.
- 250ml Glutagon Flour (or similar Wheat-free flour)
- 3ml Salt
- Egg Replacement (for one egg)
- 30ml Sugar
- 170ml Milk
- 15ml Oil
- Sift the Flour & Salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the Egg Replacement and Sugar together. Add the Milk and Oil.
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Put spoonfuls of the batter into a greased/non-stick pre-heated pan and fry for 2-3 minutes or until the surface starts bubbling.
- Turn over and fry for a further 15-20 seconds until golden brown.
- Serve warm with the topping of your choice.
(Makes about 20)
As always, these are also Egg-free and Soya-free. Enjoy!