Upcycled Food Tin Can
Tin Cans are wonderful items that can easily be Reused, Recycled…or Upcycled. This is a fun project to do with the kids and my daughter’s tin was, of course, more creative than mine but the nice thing is how useful they are. I love useful crafts…instead of crafts that land up as clutter.
What you will need:
- Tin Can
- Paint – in different colours
- a Pair of Scissors
- Items to decorate the can with (i.e. glitter, ribbon, sequins, etc.)
- a Hair Dryer (not essential but helpful)
- Clean your empty tin can.
- Remove all the Paper, Glue, etc. For some cans this is easier than others…
- You can now decorate the can any way you would like. We decided to first paint a base layer of white paint and then add colour. We used a Hair Dryer to dry the paint in between layers to make it go a bit faster.
- After the paint has dried you can glue your ribbon or other decor items to the tin can and allow to dry.
Note: If you don’t have paint but do have tins, a few tins put together is also very effective.