Creating a Goal Collage is a wonderful activity for moms, dads and/or kids. It is a great way to stay motivated (especially if you are a visual person).
What you will need:
- Cardboard / Paper
- A pair of Scissors
- Old Magazines or Newspapers
Putting your Goal Collage together
- Start by thinking of all the goals that you/your child would like to achieve. You can write them down as a guide, if it is easier.
- Flip through the magazines/newspapers and find images or even words that represent your long and short term goals. You could select pictures of your dream home, sports cars, pictures of your holiday destinations or that ‘thinner’ you. For the Kids, it could be a reward they are working towards if they get good results or their idol – be it sports, musical or even a famous actor or writer. Help them understand what it would take to achieve their goals and what they would be required to do. For younger children, you will need to keep it simple and help them in selecting and cutting out their pictures.
- Glue the pictures and words onto the cardboard or piece of paper in a fun way. For younger kids, let them decorate their collage with crayons and stickers.
- Put the collage somewhere you will see it every day. This will remind and refocus you each time you see it.
There is something amazing about goals written down and visualised, when you take the time to record them you will be suprised at how many you achieve! If you have a MOM Diary, there is a neat space at the back to record your goals and create a Goal Collage. Happy Creating, Dreaming and ACHIEVING!