Girls Garden Party Ideas
“Roses are red, Violets are blue, The party is planned.. Now all we need is YOU!”
Creating a fantasy-filled garden party for the birthday girl can be lots of fun – especially if her birthday is in springtime. We have collected a few ideas to help you on your way. Get the birthday girl involved, she will love getting creative with mom or dad!
- Look around your house for items you already own such as watering cans and flower pots that can be used as decorations. Cover your tables with colored tablecloths, and use small terra cotta plant pots lined with napkins to hold the cutlery.
- Add Fairy lights.
- Hang colored streamers from tree branches in the yard. They will float in the breeze and add to the party atmosphere.
- Paint small branches and sticks white/pink and attach butterflies and flowers. Stand them in a pretty vase.
- Don’t forget the balloons. Try to stick to a colour theme. If its pink is the theme, remember to add some blue or purple if there will be little boys attending too.
- Make a banner that says “Welcome to [child’s name]’s Garden Party!” and hang it near the party entrance.
- Put Popcorn/Fruit/Sweets in colourful, little “easy-to-grab” containers.
- Turn your vegetable platter into a vegetable patch by arranging the cut vegetables in little rows.
- Prepare sandwiches/fruit/vegetables and cut with a flower cookie cutter
- Ants on a Log – A garden party isn’t complete without a few bugs hanging around. (See featured image)
See More ideas here: https://pinterest.com/denisevdm/pretty-parties
- Start the festivities with a biscuit decorating activity. Use various cookie cutters to make flowers, butterflies, bunnies, frogs, and birds. Set out small cups of colorful icing, sprinkles, sweets and other edible decorations and let the children decorate their own cookies as an icebreaker activity.
- Paint Flower Pots. Terra cotta pots are a perfect dainty size to have each child decorate. Using craft paint, have each child paint any design they’d like. Then have a few flower plants ready for them to plant inside their pot.
Have a fantastical party!