10 Easy ways to save money
Here are 10 more Easy tips to save money (visit https://familytreasures.co.za/2010/04/10-fun-ways-to-survive-the-recession to see 10 Fun ways to survive the recession)
- Shop at a farmers / local market. The items available are more affordable and are usually healthier & preservative-free!
- Eat in and only go to restaurants when it is a very special occasion.
- If you work, bring your lunch from home.
- Do not buy bottled water. Instead buy a water bottle and fill it at home and again at work later.
- If things that you like are expensive – find a recipe and learn to make them at home.
- Learn to make your own homemade cleaners for a few simple basics like bicarbonate of soda and vinegar.
- Get out of the habit of buying processed foods, mixes and sauces in bottles. Everything that you see on the shelf that is made in a factory can be made at home and generally for less cost and better quality as well as being preservative free.
- Encourage your children to drink water rather than juice and sodas. It is healthier and more affordable.
- During winter, soups are a healthy options and they go much further. Find a good recipe and make your soup from scratch – nothing better!
- Insurance – check that you are not overpaying on your insurance. If you have moved or improved your security – you could reduce your payments substantially.