Valentine’s Idea: Cookies in a Jar
Looking for something different to do this year? This is a fun idea you can do with/without the kids.
What you will need:
Preserve Jars with Lids / Old Jam or Mayo Jars thoroughly cleaned
Recipe and Required Ingredients
What to do:
- Thoroughly wash and dry the jars and lids.
- Pick a recipe or use the one below and gather your ingredients.
- Fill the jar!
Decorating the Jar:
- Fabric: Cut a circle out of the fabric (tip: trace around the top of a bowl) Place the round section of the jar’s lid on the jar and center the fabric on that. Screw the other section of the lid in place to hold the fabric. Fluff out the fabric where it comes out from under the lid. If you have a normal lid (i.e. not a two-piece lid) you will have to glue it to the lid.
- Recipe: Print out your choice of the printable recipe card/gift tag that goes with the recipe you chose. Trim closely around the recipe and graphic. Put a small piece of scotch tape on the upper right-hand section of the ‘Printable Gift Tag’ recipe (right behind the top edge of the graphic). This is to give it a little extra strength. Use a hole puncher and make a small hole in the taped corner.
- Ribbon: Cut an approximate 1m piece of ribbon. You can use 2 pieces of ribbon with colors that match the fabric. Thread the ribbon through the hole in the ‘Printable Gift Tag’ recipe. Wrap the ribbon around the metal of the jar lid and tie it into a bow. Secure in place with a small dab of glue behind the bow and in the back.
Follow these instructions and then print out the recipe card to include.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- * chocolate chips
Filling the Jar:
Layer the ingredients in a jar in the order listed (Using a small funnel works quite well). Use enough chocolate chips so the jar is full to the top. Pack down all ingredients, especially the brown sugar!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Sourced from about.com