Jungle Juice!? Yes! You heard right.
When I was in hospital, I was given a recipe for making Jungle Juice to increase my milk supply. This has been of such value to me as I have been in and out of hospital and had to switch between breast and bottle a few times.
What has surprised me is how many people turn to medication to increase their breast milk and have never heard of ‘Jungle Juice’ before. If you experiencing problems with your breast milk supply, you may wish to give this a try. If you are not having problems, this may just help to give your body that extra boost.
The main ingredient of Jungle Juice is the Schlehen Blackthorn Berry Elixir. This, even taken alone, will help you to increase your milk supply (If taken alone, put 1 tablespoon in a glass of water three times daily).
Jungle Juice Recipe
- 1 litre apple juice, grape juice or berry juice (liquifruit/ceres/joy/wide)
- 1 litre water
- 60mls Schlehen Blackthorn Berry Elixir
- 1 Sachet Blackcurrant Rehydrate or Raspberry Electropac
In an empty 2 litre cool drink bottle, mix the above ingredients together and store in fridge. If possible, drink 2 litres in 24 hours or drink a glass at each breast feed. You may also wish to add 8-10 drops of Rescue Remedy to each glass you drink.
More ideas to help increase your milk supply
- Add Fresh Ginger to your diet. Try a slice in tea or grated into food. Stoney’s Ginger beer is ineffective as it contains an artificial ginger flavourant.
- Eat some Fresh or Frozen blackberries, raspberries and/or blueberries. Try making a berry smoothie or eating berries with breakfast.
- Brewers Yeast tablets!? (Not sure about this one)
- Drink some Weleda Galactogue Tea – available at health shops.
- Take Fenugreek capsules – 3 capsules 4 times a day.
- Have a healthy diet and rest between feeding.